Wood and Engineered Flooring Adhesive with Silane and Polymer.
CARVER’s SIL-600 monocomponent silane and polymer wood glue is designed for flexible bonding to all types of horizontal and vertical surfaces. Its packaging, optimised for bead application, makes the product particularly suitable for gluing flooring, skirting boards, thresholds, steps and wooden stairs. This glue is also recommended for small repairs. Its excellent adhesion and fast setting make it a good glue for solid wood and cork floors. SIL-600 is easy to apply, water resistant and has a low VOC content.
- Solvent and isocyanate free
- High strength and excellent adhesion
- Very good vertical hold
- Fast setting
- High elasticity
- Ideal for solid wood and engineered floors
Check that the surface is clean, dry, non-porous and free of glue, grease and wax residues.
If the surface is made of ceramic or porcelain tiles: wash and degrease the surface thoroughly with BLANCHON HEAVY DUTY CLEANER. To guarantee the quality of the surface, it is recommended that the surface be roughened with a suitable abrasive disc and that the dust be carefully removed.
If the substrate is concrete/cement: wash and degrease the surface with EVO CLEANER-CONDITIONER CONCRETE & METAL. For more guarantee, it is recommended to roughen the concrete with a suitable abrasive disc and to carefully remove the dust.
If the substrate is heated: switch on the heating system at least 7 days before bonding. 48 hours before bonding, switch off the heating system and do not switch it on again until 7 days after bonding has been completed.
HOW TO USE IT :
- Cut the nozzle of the tube at an angle to improve contact with the substrate;
- Cut the end of the bag with a cutter or scissors;
- Insert the bag into the gun body;
- Insert the nozzle into the gun and close with the clamping ring.
- Apply the glue in 1/4″ beads at 4″ intervals using a gun to the pieces of wood to be glued or directly to the substrate;
- Place the wood on the substrate, applying light pressure;
- The working time is 20 minutes.
Minimum sanding time 48 hours.
Complete drying 3-5 days.
CLEANING OF TOOLS :
Clean tools immediately after use with EVO DENATURATED ALCOHOL or acetone.
32 ft2 (3 m2)* / 600 mL bag.
*1/4″ strips spaced every 4″.
- 12 months in original, tightly closed packaging;
- After opening, store in a dry place and use as soon as possible;
- Storage temperature between 5 and 25°C.
- It is recommended to use the product at an ambient temperature between +15°C and +30°C, with a relative humidity below 65%;
- Ensure good ventilation of the room;
- During application, protect your hands with rubber gloves;
- Do not dilute the product;
- Never use the product to fill in irregularities in the floor;
- When installing the floor, always leave an expansion space of 5 to 10 mm around the perimeter of the room;
- The drying time of the product is strongly influenced by the ambient temperature and humidity. High temperatures and high humidity can greatly shorten the handling time of the product;
- Residues of fresh glue on the floor can be removed immediately with EVO DENATURATED ALCOHOL;
- Cured glue is easily removed with a spatula and a cutter. Once the glue has been removed, it is advisable to wash the area with a solution of CARVER DETER PARQUET.