STAN PROTECT by OWATROL is a clear, penetrating tannin blocker that prevents the bleeding and leaching of tannins from woods high in extractives and also the discolouration of finishes on interior softwoods. Forming a barrier within the wood, STAN PROTECT blocks the tannins, preventing them from reaching the surface where they will discolour a finish or stain.
You can overcoat STAN PROTECT with any film forming oil or water based stain (Semi-transparent or Opaque).
Coverage: 107 to 129 ft2 – 10 to 12 m2/L coat.
Application temperature: +10°C to +30°C.
Dry: 2 hours / Recoat: 4-6 hours.
- Prevents discoloration of finishes caused by tannin bleed/staining;
- Improves penetration and opacity of finishes;
- Blocks tannin bleed/leaching – Improves adhesion of the finish;
- Colourless – Does not hide the wood grain;
- Easy application;
- Quick drying;
- Extends the life of a finish – Prevents premature aesthetic and physical degradation of the finish;
- Limits yellowing or browning of light coloured interior softwoods – Pine, Spruce, Larch;
- Use on exterior and Interior, vertical or horizontal surfaces.