Hemp oil is used for finishing wood. It is a solvent-free product that creates a durable, waterproof surface with a antique look. Use hemp oil on new, tinted, finished with milk paint or to revive the look of a tarnished wood already painted or dyed. It seals the pores of the wood to protect it and leaves no film that could eventually scratch. Hemp oil is 100% pure and safe for food. It can be applied in the kitchen on the wood (cutting boards, bowls or utensils) or on the stone. Hemp oil can restore old oil-based paint or stain, or protect and shine surfaces such as wrought iron and natural stone. Hemp oil doesn’t go rancid overtime because it has already been oxidized and processed.
- No VOC;
- Hazelnut smell that fades quickly;
- Can be used indoors;
- Our hemp oil is 100% natural;
- Contains no petroleum or chemical products;
- Hardens on contact with air by evaporation and oxidation;
- Shape a satin finish and a waterproof layer while allowing the wood to breathe;
- Reasonable resistance to water, abrasion, alcohol and acids;
- Easy to maintain,
- Do not darken the wood over time as does linseed oil;
- On a very pale wood it leaves a greenish tint that fades after 30 day;
- May be diluted with a citrus solvent to improve penetration.
*** Tip ***
** Use pure oil for surfaces in contact with food.
For the maintenance of oiled wood we recommend the use of Evo black soap an ecological soap based on black olive oil.
120 to 230 sq. ft. / Liter depending in the specie of wood.