- Surface renovation of varnished, oiled, pre-varnished, and pre-oiled wood flooring, laminate and PVC floors.
- Conceals surface scratches, revives tarnished floors.
- Perfect adhesion in 1 coat
- No undercoat
- Highly resistant to stains and scratches
- High build
- Job finished in ½ day
BLANCHON RENOVATION VARNISH provides long-term renovation for worn and tarnished varnished, oiled, pre-varnished and pre-oiled wood flooring and laminate and PVC floors (1), without sanding down to bare or replacing the coating. Its unique formula with its strong wetting power and the addition of a hardener guarantee perfect adhesion and high resistance to traffic and chemical attack. RENOVATION VARNISH is easy and quick to use: it is applied directly without an adhesive primer. Its simplified preparation and 1-coat application enable the rapid return to use of the site.
(1) Surface wear & tear: frequent use, surface scratches, small scratches, tarnished look.
SURFACE PREPARATION :
The preparation depends on the type of floor to be renovated.
ON A VARNISHED WOOD FLOOR (PRE-VARNISHED OR ON SITE) : Light sanding with grade 150. Remove all traces of dust, then remove grease with BLANCHON HEAVY DUTY CLEANER or alcohol. The surface must be clean and dry before using RENOVATION VARNISH.
ON OILED WOOD FLOOR (PRE-OILED OR ON SITE), LAMINATED AND PVC FLOORS : Buff the surface with a red pad without altering the appearance and dust carefully. Remove grease from the surface with BLANCHON HEAVY DUTY CLEANER or alcohol. The surface must be clean and dry before using RENOVATION VARNISH.
- Perform an adhesion test before applying.
- Do not apply on waxed wood floors, floors treated with linseed oil or linoleum floors. For further information, please consult our technical department.
- A previously varnished wood floor showing signs of wear must be sanded back completely.
- The 2 components of the varnish are intended to be used together and may not be combined with other products. Never apply the VARNISH without its HARDENER.
- Shake the VARNISH well, then mix the components: 0.25L of HARDENER (Comp. B) to 2.5L of VARNISH (Comp. A); 1 part Hardener to 10 parts VARNISH (in volume).
- Mix thoroughly for 2-3 mins immediately after adding the hardener. The varnish is ready to use and usable for 1h30.
- Diluting is not required under normal circumstances
- Do not varnish a floor if the temperature is below 12°C with relative humidity of more than 85%; do not use on wood with a moisture content above 11%. Use only in well-ventilated areas.
- Apply 1 even and generous coat with a 10mm roller, graining brush or brush (for edges or small areas) (125 sqft / L).
- On an oiled wood floor, after the first coat of RENOVATION VARNISH has dried, if the finish is uneven, apply a second coat of RENOVATION VARNISH. Lightly sand the surface in advance (180 grade) then remove dust thoroughly. Do not wait more than 48 hours between coats.
CLEANING OF TOOLS :
- Clean tools with water immediately after use.
- Protecting the environment:
- Carefully remove excess moisture from the equipment after application; dry thoroughly.
- Rinse using very little water in a container; allow the water to evaporate.
- The dry residue may then be disposed of normally in a bin.
- Seal the containers properly after use.
- Do not discharge the residue into drains.
- Dispose of empty containers at a waste recycling center.
DRYING TIMES :
- Dust-free drying: 30 – 45 minutes.
- Before sanding/recoating: 3 hours in normal conditions.
- Do not wait more than 48 hours between coats.
- Light traffic: approximately 24 hours under normal conditions.
- Curing time: 5 to 7 days. Take some basic precautions during the first 10 days: do not cover (protective sheets), do not place carpets on the varnished wood floor during this period. Do not move heavy furniture. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or broom (do not use impregnated textiles).
- Next: place suitable protection (felt) under the feet of tables and chairs. If necessary, a good quality mat placed at the entrance to the room will help by retaining dust and gravel. Clean up spillages of water and other liquids immediately, and be careful where you place flower and plant pots).
- Component A (varnish): store carefully, protect from frost (be especially careful when storing in vehicles).
- Component B (hardener): not affected by frost.
- Seal both containers carefully after use.
- IMPORTANT: wipe the neck of the Hardener to prevent the lid from sticking.
- RENOVATION VARNISH makes it easy to maintain all floors.
- IMPORTANT: allow 10 days to elapse before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance to give RENOVATION VARNISH time to dry completely.
- ROUTINE MAINTENANCE: remove dust frequently with a vacuum cleaner (or a broom), accompanied by regular wet wiping (well-wrung cloth or mop and never dripping). Lagoon® cleans daily. CLEANER LISABRILTM removes grease from all wood floors for a deep clean. It preserves the original finish.
- DO NOT USE: floor cleaning machine, mop, silicone-based polishes, ammonia products or abrasive detergents, etc., i.e. all materials and products likely to damage the slip resistance of the product or increase its shine level.
TECHNICAL DATA :
|POUVOIR COUVRANT||125 sqft / L|
|RESIN TYPE||Comp. A : Water-based Polyurethane|
Comp. B : water-borne polyurethanes
|DENSITY OF THE MIXTURE||1,03 (à 20°C),|
|VISCOSITY||Comp. A : 220 centipoises (BROOKFIELD)|
Comp. B : 200 centipoises (BROOKFIELD)
|SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS||Do not apply below 12°C. Keep out of reach of children.|
Check for Safety data sheet for more information : evofinition.ca
|RESANDABLE – RECOATABLE||3 hours, depending on temperature and moisture content|