ÉVO-Nature is a water-based self-sealing stain for exterior and interior uses. ÉVO‑Nature is added with a penetrating agent. The latter opens the wood structure and penetrates deeply, with no surface film that could peel over time. ÉVO-Nature protects and seals exterior horizontal and vertical wooden surfaces.
Used inside the EVO-Nature dye can be used alone or be covered with a wax finish or oil, or be varnished.
- Indoor and outdoor use;
- Colours and waterproofs wood;
- Added with a penetrating agent;
- Can be used on all wood surfaces;
- Very light odour;
- Easy to apply;
- Can be covered with a finish like varnish, wax or oil;
- Durability within 10 to 15 years: walls, ceilings, mouldings or surfaces less solicited;
- Outdoor Sustainability: Horizontal 1 to 2 years—Vertical 4 to 6 years;
- Impregnates in depth, does not flake;
- Available in 9 colours.
Surfaces to be treated must be clean and dry and free of dust, dirt, oil, soot, wax, mould, flaking and patina. To begin: sand the surface with an abrasive of 80 grit for outdoor and 100 grit sandpaper for indoor surfaces. Remove any residue of sandblasting dust. Stir EVO-NATURE with a wooden stick to the bottom of the container, before and during the application. EVO-Nature applies at temperatures above 10 °C
Apply evenly on a dry wood, leaving no product on the surface. Use an applicator pad, a foam roller or a polyester or foam brush. Avoid leaving traces of non-penetrated products that may dry on the surface. Wet the wood with the product until saturation to accentuate penetration. To avoid overlapping marks treat only 2 to 3 boards at a time, over their entire length. Do not apply over the surface that has already begun to dry.
Number of layers:
Interior surfaces: 1 to 2 layers
Exterior surfaces: 2 layers
If you use the product inside and want to apply for a finish, lightly sand the surface with 220 grit sandpaper before the topcoat.
Apply the second coat after about 2 hours.
Full drying in 24 hours.
To touch: 20 minutes
Recoatable: After 2 hours and before 24 hours
Light traffic: 4 hours
Replace furniture: 24 hours
Wash with a mop dampened with a black soap solution or a soap for outdoor woods that leave no sticky film.
Refresh the finish:
Exterior: 1 to 2 years on horizontal surfaces and 4 to 6 years on vertical surfaces.
Inside: On the walls, mouldings and ceilings – 10 to 15 years before refreshing.
It is important to cover EVO-nature of a varnish when used on the floor.
- Avoid using cleaners before drying the product thoroughly (4 to 8 days).
- Avoid application on wet wood or after rain. Wait 16–24 hours after a thunderstorm or a pressure wash.
- Wood moisture content must not exceed 18%.
- Wait one season before applying to pressure treated wood
- Avoid application in direct sunlight and very hot wood.
120 to 200 sq. Ft. /L