Carver PRIMOL PLUS Oil is a vegetable oil based impregnating product. It’s used as a primer for staining the wood prior to the application of Greenol plus finishing oil.
Specifically developed for floors, PRIMOL PLUS and Greenol plus Carver oils can be used for all interior wood surfaces. This combination allows you to color and protect your high traffic surfaces with only two coats, such as floors. It offers good protection against stains, water and abrasion. Primol Plus is easily applicable for both the professional and the individual. It does not overlap and enhances the grain of the wood without masking it.
- Wooden floor
- Wall, ceiling and beam
- Moulding and woodwork
Surfaces must be clean and free of dust, wax, grease and varnish. Sand with # 100 or # 120 grit sandpaper to facilitate good product penetration. Shake the container of PRIMOL PLUS well.
The application can be made with a short-hair roller, with a brush, with a pad (sponge, paper, cloth). Apply PRIMOL PLUS with circular movements until saturation, taking care to spread evenly in thin coats.
Wait 5 to 15 minutes to allow a good penetration of the oil. Wipe excess oil on the surface with a clean cloth, paying particular attention to the junctions of the wood slats. Leave to dry for 24 hours.
PRIMOL PLUS is an oil impregnating and not a varnish, so avoid the creation of a surface film.
Within 20-30 minutes after application, brush with a single-disc cleaner (polisher) using a green or red cleaning disc and working at low speed to ensure uniformity.
After about 4 hours, if traces of oil have risen at the junction lines and knots of the wood. Wipe or brush again with the polisher equipped with a white or beige disc.
In the case of pronounced hues, leave the pores of the wood well open, apply the product to the pad very evenly and avoid brushing so as not to remove the color.
The application of PRIMOL PLUS must necessarily be followed by that of the GREENOL PLUS transparent finish impregnator.
- After 24 hours: moderate use
- After 5 to 7 days: normal use
- After 10 days: cleaning with Carver products
Use LIGNA’s Iso-Diluant.
- Regular maintenance: 7–10 days after the last application of GREEENOL PLUS (PRIMOL PLUS does not apply alone).
- Meanwhile, do not wash the floor with any cleaning agents. You can remove a localized stain with a damped cloth with water.
- Always use the recommended cleaning products: the DERGOS and the DETEROL. The DETEROL is the detergent for regular maintenance. The DERGOS is a protective detergent for occasional use only, use it after Deterol cleaning. Never use commercial detergents.
Number of coats:
- One coat: Only one coat is needed before applying GREENOL PLUS.
- Two coats: You can put two coats to darken the color by plus or minus 20%.
You should remove all excess of oil in the joining lines and the wood knots to prevent drying problems. Do not apply at temperatures below 15 °C. Allow products to reach room temperature before the application.
In its original unopened container, stored in a cool and dry place, the product will keep for at least 12 months.
125-210 sq. ft./litre according to wood type.
946 ml/3,78 litres/18,9 litres