WATER REPELLENT OIL FOR OUTSIDE SURFACES SUCH AS RAW WOOD, UNFINISHED OR STRIPPED; DECKS, FURNITURE, WALLS, BEAMS AND WOODWORK.
Oil for decks, sidings, woodwork, beams, garden furniture and outside windows.
LIGNA EXTÉRIA oil for wood is a penetrating vegetal oil for wooden exterior surfaces. It penetrates, nourishes and protects wood from water, rot, insects and fungi. EXTÉRIA leaves no surface film, it binds to the wood and does not scale. Using a natural oil finish on exterior wooden surfaces is beneficial as it makes it easier to apply a coat of refreshment and the finish does not flake over time. No need to sand, scratch or stripes anymore. EXTÉRIA oil can be easily applied to all types of softwood (hardwood, pine, spruce, etc.), roasted and processed under pressure.
LIGNA EXTÉRIA is composed of natural first quality oils, resins, and nontoxic diluents that improve wood penetration. Our pigments are made of natural earth and iron oxide. They enhances the grain of the wood and protects it from UV rays (the Natural colour only serves to dilute darker colours while refreshing your surfaces, it has no UV protection so it should never be applied alone). As EXTÉRIA oil contains up to 50% solid ingredients (resins, waxes and vegetable oils), its covering and water repellency is superior to the competition. Your project coverage will use less product per ft2 and will provide better weather protection.
- Formulated in renowned laboratories with more than 25 years of experience, LIGNA products offer an “avant-garde” technology that is assembled in Quebec.
Mix EXTÉRIA before application. The surface must be clean and free of finishing product. Lightly sand the wood with 80 grit sandpaper. Dust with a clean and dry WHITE COTTON RAG. Maintain EXTÉRIA oil at a temperature above 15 ° C.
For trimming and small areas, use a natural silk brush.
Attention, spread the oil well so as not to create a build-up of product.
- After 5 to 15 minutes maximum, using a clean and dry WHITE COTTON RAG, rub in the direction of the grain of the wood, to allow the oil to penetrate, and remove the excess;
- Be sure that the product has impregnated the surface before letting it dry.
- Between 8 to 24 hours, apply a second coat of oil, no sanding is needed;
- If you exceed 24 hours, lightly sand with 180 grit sandpaper before applying the second coat;
- After 24 hours, moderate and careful use;
- After 3 days, normal use.
NUMBER OF COATS:
2 coats are needed. The second coat will increase the colour by 20%.
On planed wood: 120 to 300 sq. ft./litre depending on the density of the wood type to be covered.
Raw wood or sawn wood: Add 50% more products than on planed wood.
Use LIGNA thinner, ISO-DILUANT.
Clean periodically with an outdoor wood cleaner like EXTROLIA by LIGNA. When your surface discolour and becomes dull, apply a refreshment coat. When the surface becomes dull and begins to discolor, apply a coat of EXTÉRIA to refresh the finish.
Add a thin coat of oil to your horizontal surfaces after 1 to 3 years and your vertical surfaces after 3 to 6 years.
Safflower oil, Tung oil, linseed oil, vegetal wax, mineral solvent and siccative.
20 mL/946 mL/3,78 L/12,5 L.
- After use, rags soaked in products should be immersed in water before being discarded to avoid self-combustion. You can also dry the cloths flat.
- The natural color is only for dilution.
- The honey color is very weak in UV protection.