Catalyst for Oils with High Abrasion Tolerance !
LIGNA®’s CATALYST is an additive that improves performance, drying speed and reduces curing time by 1/3! This product is only compatible with traditional wood finishing oils like TANDEM-2 or new generation oils like PRONTO and EASY-SOLO. CATALYST should not be used with water-based products, hybrid oils or exterior oil. This catalyst provides a high tolerance to chemical and mechanical aggressions and ensures a durable finish.
- Accelerates drying speed
- Increases performance and durability
- Reduces cure time by 1/3
- Provides high tolerance to chemical and mechanical aggression
- Compatible with penetrating oils for wood surfaces
Mix the oil and catalyst together thoroughly. Never add more than 5-6% catalyst to the finishing oil.
- 54 mL of catalyst for ± 946 mL of oil.
- 220 mL of catalyst for ± 3,78 L of oil.
According to the oil manufacturer’s recommendations.
After 5-10 minutes, remove any excess oil by rubbing the surface with a cotton cloth.
If the temperature in the room is high when applying, do not wait more than 5 minutes to elapse before removing the excess, otherwise the product will dry on the surface. Catalysed oil dries more quickly.
Optional : For a higher gloss surface, use a polisher with a white pad. (after 1 to 2 hours)
DRYING TIME :
- WORKING TIME : 45 to 60 minutes.
- BETWEEN COATS : 8 to 16 hours.
- CAREFUL USE : After 16 hours.
- FULL DRY : 7 days.
TOOL CLEANING :
ISO-DILUANT by LIGNA®.
54 mL [LIG-CAT-54]
220 mL [LIG-CAT-220] – Professional use
2 to 3 years in an airtight container. Protect from freezing!
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Not compatible with water-based products.
- Catalyst is sensitive to excessive moisture and UV light before curing.
- Only use Catalyst with penetrating oils for wood finishings.
- Properly dispose of the catalyzed product and its container after use.
- After use, rags soaked with the product should be immersed in water before disposal to avoid self-combustion. You can also dry the rags flat.