MONOCOAT OIL (NO VOCs) FOR ALL INTERIOR WOOD SURFACES SUCH AS RAW, STRIPPED OR HARDWOOD; FLOORS, FURNITURE, WALLS, CEILINGS AND WOODWORK.
Oil for floors, furniture, kitchen cabinets, countertops, kitchen islands, interior doors and windows, woodwork, walls and ceilings.
BIO-SUPRA is a solvent-free product that releases no volatile organic compounds (VOCs). It enhances the grain, protects it from premature wear, water and stains. BIO-SUPRA monocoat oil for wood is the most environmentally friendly natural oil available on the market. As it does not spread any volatile organic compound (VOCs) and does not contain any solvent, BIO-SUPRA contributes to improving the air quality of your interior.
It is safe for all applications on surfaces in contact with food such as cutting boards, kitchens and butcher blocks.
- LIGNA BIO-SUPRA monocoat oil will offer durability equal to old generation products that need two or three coats.
- Formulated in renowned laboratories with more than 25 years of experience, LIGNA products offer an “avant-garde” technology that is assembled in Quebec.
- BIO-SUPRA oil can easily be applied manually on all types of soft, hardwood, domestic woods and gives very good results on exotic woods.
* Although BIO-SUPRA is a one-coat product, we recommend applying two coats on surfaces that are highly exposed to water and moisture, such as kitchen countertops and islands, cutting boards, sauna and bathroom vanities. A second coat will also greatly increase the lustre of the product.
** BIO-SUPRA oil has been certified by the Chemical Safety Board, Health Canada, for food surfaces (natural colour only).
The surface must be clean and free of wax and varnish residue. Make sure the product is at room temperature before application.
Mix before applying. Sand wood with 100-120 grit sandpaper. Remove dust with a clean, dry, WHITE COTTON RAG. Keep BIO-SUPRA at a temperature above 15°C.
For high-density wood, such as maple or exotic woods, moisten with a clean floor mop or damp WHITE COTTON RAG. When your surface is completely dry (about 2 hours), sand gently with 220 grit sandpaper to break down the wood’s fibre. Remove dust meticulously.
Apply a thin coat with an APPLICATOR PAD, a clean and dry WHITE COTTON RAG or a PAD PAINTER. BIO-SUPRA oil is viscous; apply in circles to facilitate absorption by wood pores. Spread oil out to avoid increasing thickness. After a maximum of 5 to 10 minutes, rub along the wood grain with a clean, dry, WHITE COTTON RAG to eliminate any excess.
Optional – To soften the surface and increase lustre by 20%, polish with a white nylon pad between 2 and 36 hours after application.
- After 24 hours: moderate and careful use;
- After 5-7 days: regular use;
- After 10 days: maintenance with LIGNA products.
NUMBER OF COATS:
Only one coat is required. However, two coats will increase lustre and the colour by 20%.
Wait 24h for a second coat.
WARNING: On low density woods such as pine, we recommend two coats to seal the wood correctly. A second coat is required for countertops and surfaces with high humidity, such as bathrooms and saunas.
250 to 700 sq.ft/litre depending on the density of the wood specie to be protected.
With its high-covering power and single application, BIO-SUPRA is the most economical floor finishing products (ex. $0.20/sq.ft. for a maple floor).
Use LIGNA thinner, ISO-DILUANT.
For surfaces that come into contact with food use the BLACK SOAP, a natural product made of black olive oil.
Wait 10 to 15 days for the surface to be well sealed before it comes into contact with water.
Add a thin coat of oil after:
- Worktop: 1 to 2 years;
- Floor: 2 to 6 years;
- Low demand surfaces such as mouldings, walls and furniture: 7 to 15 years.
Blend of oils, resins and vegetal waxes. Contains no solvents or heavy metals.
From 2 to 3 years in an airtight container stored in a dry and cool place.
20 mL/237 mL/946 mL/3,78 L